Pages

Friday, October 29, 2010

I'm not a writer

I'm just a person who is trying to express himself through words. I don't do writing, like those in publications and stuff. What I do is I just write everything that comes into my head. In some cases, things I saw, heard and experience.

There was this story I heard that news that are aired and printed are modified and reconstructed (in simple words, covering up the truth) just to make it interesting to people and draw their attention. That's why at times in getting news I prefer reading it in personal blogs or in Facebook where witnesses post what they saw. Not in organizations like news stations and big companies with ties with other corporations.

But I'm not saying that we should not trust them. What I'm just trying to say is people now should be careful of judging something from what they read or watch. They only give ideas, but those ideas in news reports are not enough to draw conclusions to the event.

There's this stand up comedian, Russel Peters, in one of his shows he talked about media trying to give a different view to people. Much like the bad side of them. That's why there is still racism all over the world. For example, in news you see these bombing and you hear people concluding already and telling you who did that even though it's still under investigation. I know most of you did experience that.

I just hope that the new media today could be more transparent and I also see lack of information given. Hopefully they will improve that.

1 comment:

  1. you know what? you are really good. you just need to have more way with words. you can be a writer, if not in publications, then just in a simple blog like this. I see you have an eye for "truth". Interesting. I say you hone that writing skill of yours. maybe it can become handy someday. judging from the way you have written this article and other articles of yours, you can be a writer. you are a writer. don't try to deny it. =)

    n.m. (tell me if you've guessed who i am.)

    ReplyDelete